Back at it again wearing my simple winter uniform of sweater + skinny jeans + boots. Even though much like outfit #4 this outfit isn't very exciting, the combination is a true representation of my everyday style and feels classic to me. I actually wore this exact sweater and skinny jean combination for Christmas day and felt very festive without being over the top.
On the day I wore this particular outfit, my boyfriend and I ran a few errands during a snowstorm (not exactly my idea of fun...and everywhere we went was out of snow shovels, naturally). We spent the rest of the evening chowing down on make-your-own pizzas at his parents' house while watching pro football. This outfit ended up working great for the occasion, but as you probably guessed, I swapped the ankle boots for snow boots. Again. Sigh. I should have just picked my snow boots as my two pairs of shoes, clearly. ;)
ITEM #7 — ANKLE BOOTS
Ankle boots have been a staple in my wardrobe for about three years now. I own six pairs in various styles and colors and can't get enough of them in the fall, winter, and spring when the weather cooperates. I received my black Sam Edelman 'Petty' ankle boots for my birthday in 2014, and they have been my most worn pair of ankle boots since (worn 104 times!). It's pretty obvious why... I mean, they're black, so they're bound go to with everything! Plus, the low heel makes them extremely wearable for everyday. I'm also a big fan of the low profile. My feet don't look gigantic, and that's something I can always appreciate. :) I travel with these constantly, I wear them if it's rainy but not pouring... They can withstand basically anything! They're the best.
These boots are still being produced as far as I know (I've seen them on sale so I hope that means they won't be gone forever), but here are some more options if you're on the lookout:
1) Basel Booties by Lucky Brand ($129, on sale for $77) / Similar style with inside and outside zippers and brown 1.5" block heel. Available in most sizes and in other colorways.
2) Beckoned Booties by Dr. Scholl's ($95, on sale for $57) / Similar faux leather style with decorative buckle and 1.25" block heel.
3) Tallie Ankle Booties by Steve Madden ($89, on sale for $53) / Similar style in suede with brown 1.5" block heel. Pull-on. Available in most sizes.
4) Bailee suede boots by Jack Rogers ($128, on sale for $116) / Similar style in suede with brown 1.5" block heel. Inside zippers.
5) Pinot Ankle Bootie by Dune London ($159, on sale for $90) / Similar style in suede and leather with 1.75" block heel. Inside zippers. Available in size 36 (European).