Outfit #6 is coming at you today! It's all downhill from here. :)
Even though I wore my chunky knit cardigan in the previous outfit, it was bitterly cold, so it was necessary to layer up again (the high temperature reached a whopping 6°F). When I picked out my ten items, this was one of the outfits I created first. I love the mix of colors that are still neutral (the blue flannel keeps it from looking too boring) and the various textures. I definitely plan to repeat this outfit once it warms up a bit and I don't need to layer a coat over it or worry about my ankles freezing. (Yep, I changed into snow boots...again!)
I mainly wore this outfit around the house until way later in the evening when my boyfriend and I decided to go out for pizza and then crash my parents' house for a few minutes with said pizza. We live very exciting lives. ;)
ITEM #6 — GREY SKINNY JEANS
I basically live in denim, and because of that, I have quite the collection of blue denim. I started with medium and dark washes and never really thought of adding a pair of grey denim until a couple of years ago. It turns out that grey denim is just as versatile as blue denim, so don't hesitate if you're worried about versatility yourself! If you wear a lot of blacks/cool colors like I do, you'll get a ton of use out of a pair of grey jeans.
Since I am a Madewell denim addict, I purchased my pair (the boulder wash) from them. I love the dark grey wash with the slightly lighter thighs. Even though I wish the ankles were tighter, I still adore these jeans and wear them constantly from fall to spring. This wash isn't available anymore, but if you stumble across a pair on a resale site, note that it does run slightly smaller than usual (I sized up from my normal 25 to a 26). In the market for a pair of grey skinny jeans yourself? I rounded up a few at different price points below!
1) 9" High-Rise Skinny Jeans in Shaw Wash by Madewell ($128) / Similar wash with whiskering. High rise. 29" inseam. Also available at Nordstrom in most sizes.
2) Grey skinny jean by Joe Fresh ($39, on sale for $20) / Very similar wash. 31" inseam.
3) Sarah Skinny Jeans by Articles of Society ($64) / Similar wash with whiskering. 29" inseam.
4) Skinny jeans by White House Black Market ($89) / Similar wash with no distressing. Low rise. Button-front pockets. Available in short (25.5"), regular (28"), and long (30") inseams.
5) Margaux Instasculpt Ankle Skinny Jeans by DL1961 ($188) / Similar wash with whiskering. 30" inseam. Available in most sizes.