Here's another outfit I love and definitely see myself repeating in the future. It's pretty fun when that happens during a minimalist challenge, don't you think? I always worry that my outfits are going to be too boring, and while some of them are on the less exciting side, it's cool that some of them are more interesting and worth wearing again.
I have worn this exact cardigan and tee combination in this previous outfit post. I just love how they look together! I styled this look a bit differently this time by cuffing the cardigan to allow the stripes on the tee sleeves to peek out. I'm such a fan of how it turned out. I love how the shiny oxfords add an unexpected element to the look, but sadly, it was so slushy that I had to wear—you guessed it—snow boots instead. I wore this outfit around the house before heading out to dinner in the evening with my navy Coach 'Court' bag (and black parka) in tow.
ITEM #8 — SHINY BLACK OXFORDS
I purchased these beauties from Madewell in the fall of 2015 and am honestly surprised by my love for them. They were somewhat of an impulse purchase, which usually means that they won't be in my closet for long, but I've had them for over a year now and can't see myself falling out of love anytime soon. I've always liked the idea of oxfords but wasn't sure how I felt about them on me (would my feet look like clown feet?) and if they really went with my personal style. Turns out I like the touch of masculinity they add to my closet. I also love the "shiny" (but not patent) leather for something a bit different. As evidenced by this challenge, they go well with both skinny jeans and skirts with tights. I'm tempted to try them with my cropped flare jeans in the spring. There are a few similar options available right now if you're in the market!
1) Lilianne Almond Toe Oxford by Nine West ($89, on sale for $59) / Similar style in faux patent leather. Small platform and heel. Available in limited sizes.
2) Imagine Lace-Up Oxfords by Franco Sarto ($79) / Similar style in faux patent leather. Wingtip detailing.
3) Adwin Almond Toe Oxford by Louis et Cie ($140) / Similar style in patent leather. Grosgrain laces. 1.5" heel. Available in limited sizes.
4) The E2 Modern Oxford by Everlane ($180) / Similar style with patent leather. Made ethically.
5) The Modern Oxford by Everlane ($168) / Similar style with matte leather. Made ethically.
Everlane cardigan / exact
Uniqlo tee / unavailable; similar by Old Navy
Madewell jeans / exact (available in sizes 24 and 32); similar
Madewell oxfords / unavailable; similar options above
Coach bag / exact style on eBay
P.S. If you're new to Everlane, please consider making an account with my referral link prior to making your first purchase. My cat Rosie destroyed my new sweater hoodie and I'm trying to save up some credit to repurchase it. Ahhh, cats...