Day seven of my 10x10 consisted of an extra long day at my desk. I'm working an extra hour almost every day this week and next so I can take next Monday off for the solar eclipse and not use the only paid day off I earned so far. (This is making it more difficult for me to get my posts up "on time"!)
Today's look features a base you may remember: I previously wore this shirt and these pants together in this outfit late last summer. Since I knew I was going to wear them again in this challenge, I opted to go a different direction with the rest of the outfit. Instead of finishing the look with cognac, I stuck with my white sandals to match the jeans; they have silver beading to go with the grey cardigan. Simple is the name of the game!
ITEM #7 — SLEEVELESS CHAMBRAY SHIRT
Chambray is a staple—especially the long-sleeved chambray shirts! I've got one of those myself as well as a chambray dress, a chambray skirt, and this sleeveless shirt that I picked up from Madewell just last year. (I bought it at the same time as my denim vest.) While it may seem silly to own a second chambray shirt, I can argue why one might want a long-sleeved version and a sleeveless version: you can wear the sleeveless version in the summer and not overheat and the sleeveless version can be layered under sweaters easily in the winter without the added arm bulk. Win/win! My shirt was on sale in store and my normal size XS was out of stock, so I tried on the XXS and it fit! I walked out with it that same day and never looked back. I rounded up a few other similar options if you also wear chambray but don't have a sleeveless shirt version yet. ;)
1) Sleeveless button up by Who What Wear for Target ($23) / Similar style. Polyester. Available in a light/medium wash chambray or other colorways.
2) 'Elicia' sleeveless shirt by Mavi Jeans ($88, on sale for $31) / Similar style with vented hem on the lower back. Lyocell. Available in a light wash.
3) Sleeveless chambray shirt by Beach Lunch Lounge ($69, on sale for $20) / Similar style with curved split-back hem and no pockets. Lyocell. Available in a medium blue wash or light blue (limited sizes).
4) 'Fiona' button back shirt by Bobeau ($58, on sale for $38) / Shell-style with Mandarin collar, split neck, and a button-back with pleats. Tencel. Available in a light wash.
5) Gimmicks frayed shirt by Buckle ($55, on sale for $28) / Similar style with frayed hems, distressing, and crochet and jacquard appliques. Cut-out back. Cotton. Available in a light wash.