Whew, we're back to Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend! Today marks day six of my summer 10x10, and I'll be honest: I think I will be ready to see the rest of my closet come next week. ;) I seem to feel super good about the first half of a 10x10 and then lose steam once the second half rolls around. Gotta keep on trucking!
When I picked items for my 10x10, I didn't really look at the weather forecast because I knew I wasn't going to be outside save for walking to/from my car at work (and perhaps at the grocery store). Whether it was 90 degrees or 100, it didn't really affect my outfit decision. Last week we were solidly in the mid-90s, but we had a "cold" front come through this weekend and today it's not even going to reach 80! That feels downright chilly for this time of year. For the start of this week, my outfits will actually be appropriate for both inside my office and outside (if I decide to spend any time outdoors).
Today's look features my linen "suit": my linen blazer paired with my cotton-linen pants. The stripes on the top are very close if not an exact match to the pants; I love that! I added my beige sandals to this look again to go with the blazer. This look will likely end up being one of my favorites of the week!
ITEM #6 — BLUE-GREY COTTON-LINEN PANTS
Oh, these pants. I went back to the budget post featuring these LOFT pants to read what I had said about them; turns out, they were an impulse purchase, but it ended up being one of my best impulse purchases since I still have them and wear them over two years later! I included them in this challenge mostly because they're pants and I can wear them to work but also because they're a nice linen blend that keeps me cool in the heat. They don't get any wear in the cooler months so I have to enjoy them when it's warm! The color is a unique blue-grey blend that doesn't go as well with every color but still has a lot of mix-and-match potential. As far as the fit goes, these run large; I'm wearing a size down from my usual and they're still quite loose on me. (After a couple of wears, they need to be washed to shrink them down in size again.) I'm also convinced that one leg is longer than the other but when I held them up to check, they appear to be the same length so I don't know what weird illusion is happening there...haha. Still, I'm glad I've held onto them all this time. :) There are a bunch of other linen and linen-blend pant options on sale now that fall is nearing, so now is the time to scoop up a pair if you're in the market!
1) Linen crop pants by Caslon ($55, on sale for $33) / Very similar style with real pockets. Drawstring waist. Available in a similar grey or other colorways in regular and petite sizes.
2) Linen blend trousers by Nordstrom ($199, on sale for $120) / Very similar style with real front patch pockets and cuffs. Pull-on style. Available in a similar grey.
3) Linen baggy trousers by Mango ($50, on sale for $25) / Loose through the leg. Drawstring waist. Pockets at hip. Available in navy in limited sizes or a striped colorway.
4) Linen pull-on pants by Charter Club ($65, on sale for $30) / Loose through the leg. Drawstring waist. Pockets at hip. 31" inseam. Recommended to size down. Available in a medium blue color.
5) Mid-rise linen-blend Pixie pants by Old Navy ($40, on sale for $32) / Fitted through the leg. Cotton-linen blend. Pockets. Available in dark blue and light blue in regular/tall/petite sizes (tall/petite sizes are limited).