Whew, day eight! I'm ready to wrap up this challenge in a couple of days!
Today's look may very well be my least favorite of the bunch... I knew I was going to wear this shirt with these pants, but I wasn't sure how to finish the look. In haste, I decided to wear a black belt and black shoes instead of the lighter options I wore in my previous looks. Lesson learned; I should have just stuck with my gut! Ah well. The other thing I'm not a fan of is how the shirt looks half-tucked in these pants. I think the rise on the pants is too low because the shirt drapes over my hips and accentuates them...and that's not a part I like to accentuate. ;) I tried tucking it completely, but that looked weird too. Lol.
Here's to (hopefully) finishing strong!
ITEM #8 — PINK GINGHAM SHIRT
Today's spotlight is all about the pink gingham shirt. I picked this beauty up from J.Crew Factory a few years ago and surprise myself by how much I still reach for it. Gingham is a classic pattern, and I love that the blush pink is different without being too trendy. ("Millennial pink" was cool even before it had that name, lol.) Plus, pink goes with so much; you've already seen it multiple times with army green, here I'm showing it with the blue-grey pants, and it would obviously go well with denim, white/ivory, black...the list goes on! I have this shirt in my usual XS, which fits well. The shirt has darts so it doesn't fit boxy. As much as I love boxy tops, it's nice to have a shirt that is more fitted for once! Since this shirt isn't currently available (they seem to bring it back every spring, but it's sold out now), below are a few more very similar options. :)
1) Boy gingham crinkled-cotton shirt by J.Crew ($60) / This version sold by NET-A-PORTER may very well be the retail version of my shirt—that's how similar it is! Cotton/elastane. Slightly sheer.
2) Gingham stretch cotton poplin shirt by Brooks Brothers ($58) / Similar style. Available in a light pink gingham or other colorways.
3) Roll-tab print shirt by Charter Club ($60, on sale for $30) / Similar style with roll-tabs on the sleeves. Available in a salmon pink gingham or other colorways/prints.
4) Gingham sleeveless shirt by Foxcroft ($69) / Gingham tailored sleeveless shirt with split neck and Mandarin collar. Available in a pink or black gingham in regular and petite sizes.
5) Boy shirt in crinkle gingham by J.Crew ($60) / Exact style as the first shirt but in more colors (pink not available).