Day three called for an easy and comfortable outfit because I have training all day! It's just a class via computer at a training center, so nothing that exciting, but I still don't want to have to fuss with my outfit. (This would still be perfectly appropriate if I was going into the office, though.)
Because I was thinking easy and comfortable, the first item to spring to mind was my pair of linen pants. They're loose and lightweight yet still provide some warmth in a chilly classroom environment. I added my tropical-print tank to play a bit off the color of the pants and also provide some contrast with the white base. Of course, since I mentioned the chilly classroom environment, I couldn't go without a top layer. Is there anything worse than shivering when you're trying to focus and learn?! (Okay, I think being hungry is probably worse...haha.)
I love that the busy print on the shirt means I don't need any accessories with it if I'm not feeling it, and I definitely haven't been wearing many accessories as of late. But I did add a bit of sparkle to my feet thanks to these sandals! They add a little something without overwhelming the whole look.
ITEM #3 — GREY LIGHTWEIGHT CARDIGAN
I've had this Madewell cardigan for years but haven't worn it too much recently, which is part of the reason why I included it in this challenge. (The other reason was because I wanted another layering option and this was the best choice after my linen blazer and denim vest.) As much as I love the color and overall look, the arms stretch out with wear and it's annoying to only get 1-2 wears out of it before it needs to be washed so it can shrink up again. Sigh. I promise I don't hate it (or the pants I wore yesterday, haha). Even though I've got my eyes peeled for a worthy replacement, it's still my favorite out of all my lightweight cardigans. I think I'm going to need more like it! Below are some others that are similar to this one...
1) Fine-knit cardigan by H&M ($18) / Similar style with no pockets or buttons. Viscose blend. Available in a dark grey melange or other colorways.
2) Lightweight girlfriend cardigan by 14th & Union ($25) / Similar style. Cotton blend. Available in a light heather grey and other colorways. Only available in petite sizes.
3) Two-pocket v-neck cardigan sweater by Pendleton ($30) / Similar style. Merino wool. Available in a medium grey and other colorways in limited sizes.
4) Classic open-front cardi by Old Navy ($23, on sale for $12) / Slightly cropped, no pockets. Cotton/ viscose blend. Available in a medium heather grey and other colorways in regular/tall/petite sizes.
5) Open-front cardigan sweater by 90 Degree by Reflex ($20, on sale for $9) / Similar style with a curved hem and ribbed sleeves. Polyester blend. Available in a dark heather charcoal grey.