Today's outfit is a simple one. It's actually very similar to this outfit I wore during last year's spring style sudoku (I mean, I'm wearing the same shirt!). This outfit is also the work-appropriate version of this outfit I wore at the end of spring. The length of this relaxed, soft gingham shirt lends itself well to half-tucking, so it's no wonder I share that look again here. And don't be surprised if it comes up again at some other point in the 10x10. ;)
Blush pink and army green is a favorite color combination of mine (as shown here and previously worn here). I kept the color palette warm with the addition of the matching cognac belt and sandals. Even though I have to wear pants (or long skirts/dresses) now, I'll still be wearing sandals as long as the weather cooperates. It's summer so I may as well wear them as much as possible! Today I have a whole lot of working at my desk on tap but I plan to make a stop at a local community meeting later in the evening so this outfit will take me through the whole day with ease.
ITEM #2 — ARMY GREEN CHINO PANTS
Even though I wrote a lot about the gingham shirt, today is all about the army green chino pants I picked up from J.Crew a few years ago. I practically stole these pants—they were so cheap! I fell in love with the color (can't resist a good army green) but I'm not going to lie, the fit and style of these pants aren't my favorite, and I kind of always have my eye on a replacement. I wish they had a higher rise and a slightly skinnier leg (and maybe not the slanted and bunchy front pockets), but they're great for now. I've been wearing them a ton since starting my job, so that's good! They're easy to wear because they go with everything yet add a bit of zest to any outfit and that's why I keep reaching for them. Below are a few more great green chino options if you're looking for a pair yourself!
1) Zip ankle stretch skinny cargo pants by J.Crew ($98) / Stretch twill cargo pants with ankle zippers. Available in a more saturated army green or a dark indigo.
2) Mid-rise 'Pixie' chinos by Old Navy ($35, on sale for $29) / Very similar style. Cotton/spandex blend. Available in a light army green and other colorways.
3) Cropped skinny chinos by LOFT ($60, on sale for $50) / Similar style with cropped length. Cotton/ spandex blend. Available in an army green and other colorways and in regular/tall/petite sizes.
4) The Weekend Chino by Talbots ($80, on sale for $70) / Similar style with relaxed fit and rolled cuffs. Cotton/spandex blend. Available in a light sage green and other colorways in regular/petite/plus sizes.
5) Girlfriend utility chinos by Gap ($50, on sale for $40) / Similar style with relaxed fit and cropped length. Cotton/spandex blend. Available in a bright(er) green and other colorways in limited sizes.