It's been over seven months since my last link love post! How time flies. (And I just realized I started the previous post the same way I started this one...ha. Guess I need to be more creative! Or just not go so long between link love posts.)
Has this short work week felt never-ending to anyone else? Yesterday felt like Friday to me, so I was incredibly bummed to go into work today. I think I'm also a bit messed up because I revised a journal article featuring some of my PhD research over the 3-day weekend, so I haven't really had a real "break" for about two weeks. My boss also just retired, and I'm in between major projects, so each day at work this week has felt slow. Thank goodness tomorrow is Saturday! (And I'm going to a gymnastics meet tonight, woo!)
- Earlier this month, I learned that the company the collects our recycling ships it to China to be processed. Does that sound insane to anyone else?! And now, since China is refusing to take some of the "cheaper" plastics that are often food-contaminated, we are going to be unable to recycle those plastics come spring. The whole situation makes me sick.
- In light of the recycling debacle, I've decided that I'd like to be as low-waste as possible. We aren't that bad right now; we only have one bag of trash per week (and it's often not a full bag) because we recycle everything possible and compost our food waste, but we can be better. My one issue is when it comes to cat litter: how do you not use plastic bags for that? Anyway, I loved reading about how Cassie is working to be more low-waste, and I recently came across Litterless—a blog all about how to live a zero-waste lifestyle!
- Have you heard about the Larry Nassar court case? He was the US gymnastics team coach doctor for years and has been accused of sexual assault on over 130 gymnasts that were kids and teens at the time. His trial is happening this week, and he wrote a letter to the judge complaining that listening to the victims' stories is too hard on him. THE F—?!
- I've been toying with the idea of hiring a professional organizer to help me with some spaces that I just don't know how to organize efficiently...but after reading this article, I'm not sure if it would be worth it? The solutions all seem fairly obvious to me. Thoughts?
- While I probably should do another shopping freeze (especially since I've become kind of hyper-aware of my spending as of late and plan to make a few financial goals), I don't have one planned at the moment. If you're feeling like taking the plunge, though, check out Jessica's tips for conquering a spending freeze.
- This roasted potato and paprika chickpea salad is an all-time favorite of mine. We make it so much that I have the recipe memorized! I will note that it's best when fresh; the potatoes and chickpeas don't heat up as well the next day.
- Everlane just released new light wash denim. I ordered the boyfriend style in a size down after reading a bunch of reviews...hope they work for me!
- What I have my eyes on: green Hunter boots (it's been a rainy month so far), a bone-colored sweatshirt by Everlane (to pair with the light wash boyfriend jeans, of course), a sweet, simple blouse by Amour Vert (I love that it's machine-washable), workout leggings by Outdoor Voices (I've been eager to try this brand dedicated to responsible and sustainable production), and a new pair of jeans from Madewell featuring a tulip hem and frayed ends (I may or may not have already ordered these).