It's here—the last outfit of my winter 10x10! Phew! I'm glad to have completed my first 10x10 challenge (and I actually plan to do another one this summer because I think it might be easier...but who knows!).
I have to admit that this isn't my favorite outfit of the bunch. I had a difficult time figuring out what I wanted to wear with this flannel shirt. I knew I wanted to wear it with my grey pants (outfit #6), but I hesitated to wear it with my high-rise jeans because I though the outfit would look too blue and not very inspirational (how many times during this challenge can I wear my typical winter uniform, really?). I decided to wear it with the speckled skirt because they both have white in the patterns. Since the flannel doesn't tuck well into the skirt, I tied it at my waist. If I were to repeat this outfit, I would roll the waistband of the skirt to make it a touch shorter and more casual. The outfit works (and my boyfriend liked it), but it doesn't feel very me.
I wore this out on a very rainy and very slushy day that required more practical footwear for wading through giant puddles (yep, snow boots again...). I had to take Sybil to the vet since her urine crystals reappeared—poor girl! She's doing much better now but my bank account took quite the hit. I also tried unsuccessfully to find snow shovels. I have no idea why the stores planned so poorly! The storms have been nearly nonstop since December so you'd think they'd keep snow shovels in stock...
Anyway, that's that! See you on the 24th for my full recap and thoughts on the challenge! :)
ITEM #10 — BLUE PLAID FLANNEL SHIRT
This shirt is one of my newest additions to my wardrobe (I added it only last month), but I've been looking for it for a few months now. It was originally released fall 2014 at Madewell, but I missed it at the time and decided to look out for it on resale sites. The blue and white plaid pattern mixes into my wardrobe seamlessly, and since it's also flannel, it was a no-brainer fall/winter wardrobe addition. I'm typically an XS at Madewell, so that's what I bought in this flannel, but it pulls slightly at the bust so I probably should have gotten a small. Ah well! I still love it. ;) If you also love the idea of a blue plaid flannel shirt, I found some comparable options:
1) Flannel shirt by H&M ($25, on sale for $13) / Very similar pattern in dark blue/white. Slight high-low hem. 100% cotton. Available in limited sizes. (Other colorways also available.)
2) Squary cool plaid flannel shirt by Roxy ($50) / Small checked pattern in blue/white. 100% cotton. Available in most sizes.
3) Plaid boyfriend shirt by Treasure&Bond ($69) / Blue/black buffalo check pattern. Slight high-low hem. Cotton/rayon blend. (Other colorways also available.)
4) Flannel slim ex-boyfriend shirt in gingham check by Madewell ($80, on sale for $40) / Blue/black small check pattern. 100% cotton. Also available at Shopbop.
5) Stine's favorite flannel shirt by Eddie Bauer ($60, on sale for $40) / Multiple blue plaids. 100% cotton. Available in regular, petite, tall, and plus sizes. (Other colorways also available.)