1. Fall color / Cliche, but I had to include it because the trees here are simply gorgeous right now. We had a wind storm a couple of weeks ago that resulted in many trees looking bare already (so sad), but the ones left are stunning. I wish it would last longer!
2. Leaf-covered sidewalks / Even though windstorms (and gravity) result in leaves on the ground, it's so fun to crunch through them on a brisk fall day. There's one street in particular that I drive by on my work commute that would be so fun to walk down because all you can see are leaves! (Just watch out for the wet leaves. They'll get your shoes. ;))
3. Seasonal candle scents / I have a mildly unhealthy obsession with candles. We have an entire cabinet shelf dedicated to my collection. Most of them are from Bath and Body Works because they have some of the best scents! Their fall scents are my absolute favorite. I haven't gotten around to replenishing my stock this year, and I've got only a few hours left to burn in my only fall candle. :(
4. Pumpkin chai lattes / I tried a pumpkin spiced latte a year or two ago and hated it, but I love pumpkin flavoring in chai lattes! It's been my go-to drink for the past couple of months; both the iced and the hot versions are amazing at my favorite coffee place, Dutch Bros (a regional chain).
5. Rich color combinations / Black and cognac brown is one of my favorite color combinations to wear, and it's made even more fall-appropriate with the addition of the burgundy printed top! Even though the top itself is from a past season, it's a new-to-me beauty thanks to Poshmark! (Let's not talk about how I got yogurt on it the first time I wore it... Sigh. I have issues with yogurt, apparently.) I also finally joined the Transport Tote family and purchased the medium size as a birthday present to myself (with the help of a gift card). It's the perfect size for work and not overwhelming on my frame!
6. Comfort foods / 'Tis the season for all the amazing home-cooked food! I'm trying not to go overboard because I have a beach trip coming up soon, haha. I could eat mashed potatoes every day! #trueidahoan
7. Everything cozy / In addition to candles, I also tend to hoard blankets. I probably have too many; the couch currently has five blankets on it (plus one I finally put back in the blanket basket). When the chill comes, all I want to do is be cozy, whether that be cozied up on the couch under a million blankets or cozied up at work in my comfiest and warmest sweaters (which happen to be Everlane cashmere).
8. Upcoming holidays / Fall means Thanksgiving, and then Christmas is only a few weeks after Thanksgiving. I love being festive, so I'm especially excited for holiday activities, decor, and treats! As much as I hate winter (it'd honestly be better if Christmas was at the end of winter rather than the beginning), it's fun to have holidays to look forward to. :)