Whew! How was your Thanksgiving? As predicted, I ate my weight in mashed potatoes, but I also had a bunch of other yummy things since I was at a dinner with a lot of people and everyone brought something to share. I tried a bit of green been casserole, broccoli casserole, ham, turkey, bacon Brussels sprouts gratin (our dish!), and a strawberry almond spinach salad. (Yes, I did omit the stuffing and cranberry sauce...not my favorites!) Not gonna lie, I wish I had some leftover potatoes to take to work for lunch. ;)
As I write this on the night of Thanksgiving, we currently have no plans to partake in Black Friday. My boyfriend and I both have to work, so if we do any shopping, it'll be online only. I'm not planning on doing a whole lot of shopping (if any) since I need to save my money for Christmas presents, a couple of trips, and upcoming concerts in addition to the adult things (rent and bills, haha).
If you are planning to do a little shopping today, here's a sale update about the brands/retailers I'm wearing in today's post:
- J.Crew Factory: 50-60% off everything and 50% off clearance with code FRIYAY through Nov. 26th. (I am guessing they will do the same promo but add free shipping for Cyber Monday.) My coat and my necklace are both 50% off.
- Grana: 20% off everything (or 30% off if you spend $200) through Nov. 30th. They rarely have sales! My sweater is no longer available, but they have lots of other sweater options available right now, including my cashmere textured sweater that I adore (reviewed here; worn here).
- LOFT: 50% off everything with code FRIYAY through Nov. 25th. This includes my jeans!
- Shopbop: 20% off $200+, 25% off $500+, or 30% off $800+ through Nov. 26th. Charlotte Olympia items are included. My exact Kitty flats are not available, but they do have some sizes left in the black velvet and the pointed navy velvet flats!
- Sephora: Limited edition gift sets $15 and under available while supplies last.
This navy, white, and grey outfit is giving me all the holiday feels, especially with the addition of the sparkly necklace. The necklace is a newbie in my closet. I wasn't wearing my previously-owned necklace as much as I thought I would (hence why I don't have it anymore), but I missed having some sort of sparkle to wear around my neck this time of year so I'm hoping this one fills that hole. I like the simpler style while still being quite eye-catching!