Happy day-after-Thanksgiving/Black Friday! Anyone have big plans today? I'm not much of a fan of the crazy shopping scene that ensues today, so I'm happy just lounging around, watching a little football, and finally listening to some Christmas music! ;) I ordered the vinyl of Kacey Musgraves' Christmas album, A Very Kacey Christmas, so I'm excited to finally listen to it!
- Are you an American wondering what you can do to become more politically active and/or help our fellow marginalized Americans following the election? Here's a comprehensive list of actions you can take now (new actions are added every day!).
- My research is highly climate-related, and with my imminent graduation (next year!), I've become increasingly worried about my job prospects under the incoming administration—and many other young climate scientists are feeling the same way.
- A new, state-of-the-art weather satellite was launched last Saturday! This means better forecasts and improvements to our weather and climate models—yay! You can read more about the satellite here, or if you're in the mood to nerd out a bit more with photos and videos, check out this article.
- Lee of Style Bee completed one of her 10x10 wardrobe remix challenges last month, and it's so good! I'm already planning on participating in the one she is hosting in January... (eep!)
- I'm obsessed with Toyosi and her camel cardigan.
- Madewell is offering 25% off your purchase through Sunday the 27th. I picked up my first pair of high-rise denim a couple of years ago (on sale now in limited sizes!) during this sale, and I'm still obsessed with them. Now is definitely the time to try out their denim or pick up a new pair of shoes.
- Uniqlo is doing a big Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale with lots of items on promo pricing and free shipping for a limited time. Also, take $15 off $150, $30 off $200, or $50 off $300 with code THANKS (through Monday the 28th). I finally ordered myself the ultra light down vest. It's also a great time to stock up on HEATTECH essentials (I love the long-sleeved tee for layering!).
- Shopbop's tiered GO BIG event is happening now through Monday the 28th. Get 15% off $200, 20% off $500, or 25% off $800 with code GOBIG16. I think it's worth checking out their selection of black jeans, winter boots (lots of Sorel available!), cozy sweaters, and sleepwear.