I was originally planning on posting a new Caturday post today, but I couldn't figure out what I wanted it to be about. I tossed around a few other ideas and finally settled on a quick "life lately" post featuring the latest from my Instagram. It's been one of those days/weeks.
- I recently purchased this navy and red striped tee from Uniqlo and can't get enough of it. I've worn it twice in the two weeks I've had it. I even paid for shipping to get it which is basically unheard of for me, haha. It had been out of stock in my size for what felt like forever, so when it finally did pop back, I checked out as quickly as I could!
- Last weekend, Chris and I and our friend, Andy, participated in the Walk to End Alzheimer's. Alzheimer's runs in my family, so I enjoy donating and participating in the event (though my dad recently informed me that my grandpa didn't have Alzheimer's and I've lived about half of my life thinking that he did...so there's that, haha). We were watching our friend's dog, Toby, at the time, so we brought him to the walk with us--doesn't he look so handsome in his scarf?!
- I finally got my hair cut! I'm so happy to finally have my lob back. Fall can officially start now. ;)
- Miss Rosie started overgrooming her belly a little over a year ago, and it has gotten pretty bad. We aren't really sure if it is stress- or allergy-related. She actually licked a spot so much that it was raw, so we stuck the e-collar on her so we could put some ointment on it and prevent her from licking it off. She is getting the hang of the collar but is still quite annoyed. We bought a new scratcher recently and she's been enjoying that at least. (Fun fact: "E-collar" is short for Elizabethan collar because of those crazy collars people wore in Elizabethan times!)
- A couple of days ago, I was REALLY craving chocolate. I was bummed because the cafe was sold out of chocolate croissants, and because we decided against going out for dinner, we instead got some ice cream with a hard milk chocolate shell--YUM!
- The rain we had earlier this week cleared out, so today Chris and I hit up the Utah State Fair. It was my first time there, and I honestly was expecting it to be larger than it was. (It took me forever to find a place selling churros!) We ate a bunch of unhealthy fair food and enjoyed the mild weather with our friends. That's a cute picture of me eating soft serve ice cream in a waffle cone.
In other rather exciting news, Chris and I are moving soon. Like next weekend. We aren't moving far, though... The condo next to us opened up and we decided to look at it. In a lot of ways, it's nicer than the place we have now, but we are also losing some major bonuses (like all of the storage we have now, the huge kitchen, and overall nicer updates). I'm trying to be positive about it but it's all happening SO fast, and I'm so bad with change. (My birthday is also next week and I don't want to think about moving right now, haha.) The nice thing is that our neighbors are moved out so we can kind of figure out how we want things to go and slowly move our stuff over there. Wish us luck! :)
I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! xo